My family and I love Brussels sprouts and are always looking for new ways to serve them. While out to dinner recently with friends, I tried Brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction for the first time and fell in love with the flavor. Over the next few weeks in my home kitchen, I played around with different ingredients and balsamic reduction until I found a winning combination! Read below for the Savory Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Balsamic Reduction.
As a side note, I like serving these with BBQ Pork Ribs! For my Dad’s fabulous gluten, dairy and sugar free recipe, click here!
- 2 Bags Pre-Cut/Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Medium Sized Pink Lady Apples (or similar variety), thinly sliced
- 5 Slices Cooked and Crumbled Nitrate-Free Bacon
- 1/8 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 TBS Balsamic Reduction, (look for sugar free varieties)
- Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Put Brussels and sliced apples on a cookie sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Once time has passed, check to make sure Brussels and Apples have reached desired consistency (slightly toasted and brown at edges). Cook longer if needed, watching closely.
- Remove and place in mixing bowl. Add 1/8 cup golden raisins and bacon crumbles. Drizzle with 1 TBS Balsamic Reduction. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve.
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and garnish with watercress.
To make this dish vegan, simply omit the bacon crumbles.